Smart City Malta MASTERPLAN ENVIRONMENTAL REPORT
The new Smart City Malta Masterplan has been developed to incorporate the altered mix of uses in favour of residential areas. It also incorporates changes in environmental regulations and relevant development trends between 2009-10 and today. The Masterplan will also incorporate the latest technology and approaches in order to ensure support for:
• Highest environmental quality that the site can offer, both in- and outside.
• ‘Agile’ working and living with the flexibility that entails;
• future proof against obsolescence;
• combat global warming and climate change through design and features;
• promote and practice smart buildings, high speed communications and smart grid;
• promote and make provisions for electromobility;
• be energy and carbon efficient;
• conform to new NZEB (Near Zero Energy Building) standard.
• All of the above will lead to LEED certification at Gold or Silver standard.